Investor Relations - Frequently Asked Questions
- When does ERG pay a dividend? How much was the last dividend?
The Shareholders' Meeting resolved to pay a dividend of 0.75 Euro per share, paid from 22 May 2019 (payment date), with an ex-dividend date (coupon no. 22) from 20 May 2019 (ex date) and record date of 21 May 2019.
- Where can I find the main ERG historical steps?
The main historical steps are in ERG Factsheet and in Our transformation.
- Who is ERG's auditor?
KPMG spa has been appointed auditor for the period 2018–2026 by the Shareholders' Meeting held on April 23rd 2018.
- What is the code for ERG shares?
All the shares listed on the Italian Stock Exchange are distinguished by an alphanumeric code that has international validity. This code is an ISIN (International Securities Identification Number). For ERG shares the ISIN code is IT0001157020. Shares are also identified with a ticker that for the Italian market is ERG; this code varies depending on the financial news agencies, for example our ticker for Reuters is ERG.MI and for Bloomberg is ERG.IM.
- How many employees has the ERG Group?
At 31 December 2018, the ERG Group had a total of 737 employees.
- When was ERG first quoted in the stock market? What was its share price?
ERG has been quoted since October 1997 and the IPO share price was Lire 6,000 or Euro 3,10.
- Where can I find the historical ERG share prices?
Clicking on the share price graph below, it is possible to download the historical prices in Excel or HTML format, alternatively within the interactive graph you can compare ERG's share price performance with that of its peers and the index.
- When did the number of ERG's shares change?
On 4 August 2005 ERG cancelled 11,462,000 treasury shares reducing share capital to 150,320,000 ordinary shares. This followed the decision of the shareholders' meeting on 28 April 2005.
- How many classes of share does ERG have?
ERG has issued only ordinary shares.
- In which Stock indexes is ERG included in?
After the revision of italian stock exchange index system, ERG is part of the FTSE Italia All-Share (which replaced the old Mibtel index) and of the FTSE Italia Mid Cap Index.
- Why has ERG left the STAR segment?
ERG has left the STAR segment since it now has a market capitalisation of Euro 3 billion (as at the time of taking the decision). The capitalisation requested for the STAR segment is in fact less than Euro 1 billion. Notwithstanding its exit from the STAR segment the management of ERG is committed to maintaining the principal requirements of transparency and corporate governance envisaged for those companies that wish to be part of the STAR segment. ERG seeks constant growth in this segment as well which will lead to increasing visibility with national and international investment funds.
- What large transactions has ERG carried out recently?
Find out all the M&A operations at this page.
- When is the corporate events calendar published and where can I find it?
The corporate events calendar will be announced by January 30 each year by a press release, and will be put on the Company's website. On our website you can find even an apposite section at the following link.
- Where can I read the histiorical dividends paid by ERG and the dividend policy?
We publish our dividend policy and the historical data on our dividends at the following link
- Which is ERG's strategy?
ERG's industrial and financial targets and strategy are periodically updated during an investor day with the financial community and then released on our website at the following link.
Sustainability - Frequently Asked Questions
- What does "Sustainability" mean to the ERG Group?The concept of sustainability in the ERG Group is explained in the Letter to Stakeholders from the Chairman and the Chief Executive Officer "ERG has gone one step further and has preferred a vision that is able to transform the CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) programmes – which focus mainly on reputation and only have a limited connection to the business – into CSV (Corporate Social Value) programmes, which are more useful to the creation of economic value, together with the creation of social value and more oriented towards interpreting the needs of stakeholders."
- Where can I find the Sustainability Reports of the ERG Group?The Sustainability Reports of the ERG Group can be downloaded in PDF format in the section Sustainability Report; starting from the 2009 Report, you can navigate an interactive version of the report.
- Where can I find all the documentation relating to the Sustainability of the ERG Group?All the documentation relating to the Sustainability of the ERG Group is available in the Sustainability Kit.
- What is ERG's objective in terms of Sustainability reporting?In terms of Sustainability reporting, ERG's objective is to enhance the information provided in the Report each year, in order to improve the level of communication with its stakeholders and adopt the Guidelines of the GRI in an increasingly rigorous and complete manner.
- What's GRI?GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) is a network of experts that contributes to develop the world's most widely-used sustainability reporting guidelines.
Read more on the GRI website
- Does ERG participate in the Sustainability Indexes?Yes, ERG started participating in the Benchmark and Leaders indexes of the new FTSE ECPI Italia index series in September 2010. The Sustainability Indexes include the mid- and large-cap companies of the FTSE Italia All-Share index which stand out because of their sustainable behaviour and practices.
Careers - Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I send my CV?
- How can I find out if you have received my application?
You will receive a confirmation email at the address you have given after you have submitted your application. This confirmation is automatically generated and is sent to you within a few minutes. It informs you that your application has been properly recorded in the system.
- What are the most sought-after educational qualifications?
We are looking for candidates with university degrees in technical and energy or economic studies and technical diplomas.
- Who can I contact to get more information on the Next Generation project?
Next Generation is a selection and training programme that is activated from time to time.
You can find out when we activate the selections directly on our website.
- Who can I contact to get more information on ERG Human Capital?
If you need more information, you can send an email to email@example.com
- How does your selection process work?
- When will I receive feedback on my spontaneous application and/or application for a vacancy?
Should your profile correspond to our needs, you will be contacted within 30 days. Otherwise, your data will be stored in our database for 60 months.
- Why can I not attach my CV?Check that the document does not exceed 10240 KB. File formats allowed: .doc, .odt, .pdf, .docx
- How do I cancel my application?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with CV cancellation request as the subject line.
This will mean your data is removed from the ERG database.
- How can I receive notification of new vacancies in line with my professional profile?
- What are the professional areas at ERG?
ERG is organised into professional families. You can find out more here
Corporate Governance - Frequently Asked Questions
- How is the ERG Group's corporate governance structured?
ERG's current corporate governance structure is made up of corporate bodies, board committees and Corporate Governance documents that regulate their functioning. This structure has been developed over time by introducing rules of conduct reflecting the most advanced principles of Corporate Governance.
- What are the corporate bodies?The corporate bodies are the Shareholders' Meeting, the Board of Directors and the Board of Statutory Auditors .
- When was the last ERG Shareholders' Meeting held?
The last ERG Shareholders' Meeting was in Genoa on 17 April 2019.
For more information and to retrieve documents on the Shareholders' Meeting, visit the page https://www.erg.eu/en/corporate-governance/2019-shareholders-meeting
- What are the tasks of ERG's Board of Directors?
ERG's Board of Directors approves the periodic financial reports, defines the strategic policies, the basic guidelines of the organisational structure and the corporate governance system, decides on the important operations, and evaluates general management performance.
- How long does ERG's Board of Directors stay in office?
ERG's Board of Directors stays in office for three years and falls from office on the date of the Shareholders' Meeting called to approve the financial statements of the last year. The Directors are re-electable.
The Shareholders' Meeting of 23 April 2018 appointed the Board of Directors. The 12 Board members are expected to remain in office until the approval of the financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2020.
- Who are the members of ERG's Board of Directors?
ERG's current Board of Directors is made up of 12 members in observance of the gender balance criterion.
To find out who are the members of ERG's Board of Directors, detailed information is provided at http://www.erg.eu/en/corporate-governance/board-of-directors
- How often does ERG's Board of Directors meet?
As envisaged by the Articles of Association, ERG's Board of Directors meets at least once a quarter to inform the Board of Statutory Auditors on the Group's activities and on the most important business, financial and capital transactions undertaken by the company or its subsidiaries.
The dates of the meetings scheduled to review and approve the periodic financial reports are available to the public at the following address.
To see the Calendar, please refer to http://www.erg.eu/en/investor-relations/financial-calendar
- Who are the members of ERG's Board of Statutory Auditors?
ERG's current Board of Statutory Auditors is made up of three standing auditors and three alternate auditors, in observance of the gender balance criterion.
To find out who are the members of ERG's Board of Statutory Auditors, detailed information is provided at http://www.erg.eu/en/corporate-governance/board-of-statutory-auditors
- How long does ERG's Board of Statutory Auditors stay in office?
ERG's Board of Statutory Auditors stays in office for three years and falls from office on the date of the Shareholders' Meeting called to approve the financial statements of the last year. The 2019 Shareholders' Meeting (17 April 2019) appointed the new Board of Statutory Auditors, which will remain in office until the approval of the financial statements as at 31 December 2021 and consists of three standing auditors and three alternate auditors in compliance with the gender balance criterion prescribed by current laws and regulations.
- What are the Board Committees?
The Board of Directors of ERG has set up the Board Committees: the Control and Risk Committee, the Nominations and Remuneration Committee and the Strategic Committee to advise it and issue recommendations.
The Control and Risk Committee advises and issues recommendations to the Board of Directors and fulfils the role and responsibilities indicated in the Corporate Governance Code.
It provides support to the Board of Directors in decisions on approval of the periodic financial reports, Group Governance, the Internal Control and Risk Management System, compliance requirements pursuant to Italian Legislative Decree 231/01 and the Finance Area.
For details, please refer to http://www.erg.eu/en/corporate-governance/committees/control-and-risk-committee
The Nominations and Remuneration Committee advises and issues recommendations to the Board of Directors and fulfils the role and responsibilities indicated in the Corporate Governance Code for the Nominations Committee and for the Remuneration Committee.
It makes recommendations regarding the remuneration of the Directors with delegated powers or tasked with particular duties and regarding definition of remuneration policies and Group management incentive plans.
For details, please refer to http://www.erg.eu/en/corporate-governance/committees/nominations-and-remuneration-committee
The Strategic Committee advises and issues recommendations to the CEO and to the Board of Directors of ERG and to the Boards of Directors of the operating companies of the Group.
This committee provides support to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors in the definition of strategic business, portfolio and strategic finance guidelines and in the decisions relating to long-term strategic plans, capital expenditures budgets of the Group and significant investments.
For details, please refer to http://www.erg.eu/en/corporate-governance/committees/strategic-committee