Edoardo Garrone was born in Genoa on 30 December 1961. He is the father of five sons.
• Chairman of the Board of Directors of San Quirico S.p.A. (Holding Company of the Garrone/Mondini Group)
• Chairman of ERG Group
From March 2013 to June 2014 he was Chairman of U.C. Sampdoria S.p.A.
From 20 May 2011 to February 2013 he was Executive Deputy Chairman of U.C. Sampdoria S.p.A.
From 15 June 1990 to April 2003 he was Deputy Chairman of ERG S.p.A.
From 1989 to 1991 he was a manager with the ERG Group Strategic Planning Division.
In 1988 he joined ERG S.p.A, where he was initially involved in the Group reorganization plan, subsequently overseeing the first stage of the project's implementation.
From 1986 to 1987 he was employed with Marsud S.p.A. (shipping company) in Bari.
Other positions currently held
• Chairman of the Board of Directors Il Sole 24 Ore
• Member of Confindustria Advisory Board and Chairman of the Technical Group for the associative Internationalization
• Council Member of Assonime (Association of Italian Listed Companies)
• Member of the Board of Directors of Istituto Giannina Gaslini
• Member of the Gaslini Onlus Association Management Committee
• Member of the Board of Directors of the Civita Association
• Member of the Board of Directors of the Magna Carta Foundation
• Member of the IEFE Management Committee
• Member of FIEG - The Italian Federation of Newspaper Publishers – Executive Committee and Board
Other positions previously held
From November 2017 to January 2020 Member of the Board of Directors of Invitalia Ventures SGR
From November 2016 to November 2018 Member of the Editorial Board of Il Sole 24 Ore
From November 2016 to July 2018 Member of the Control and Risk Committee of Il Sole 24 Ore
From April 2014 to May 2016 Member of Confindustria Presidency for the Internalization of the Association System
From May 2012 to April 2014: Member of the Chairman's Office of Confindustria, Chairman of the Technical Committee for the Environment and Internationalization of the Association System;
From July 2010 to November 2012: Sole Administrator of Retindustria S.r.l.;
From June 2009 to July 2016 Member of the Board of Directors of ALUISS;
From May 2008 to April 2012: Confindustria (Confederation of Italian Industry) Vice President for Organization and Associative Marketing;
From July 2008 to April 2013: Chairman of the Board of Directors of Aedificatio S.p.A.;
From July 2008 to April 2013: Member of the Board of Directors of Sipi S.p.A.;
From to May 2006 August 2016 Member of the Board of Directors of Pininfarina S.p.A.
From May 2004 to April 2008: Member of Confindustria Presidency, Chairman of the Technical Committee for institutional reforms and federalism;
From April 2000 to April 2002: National President of Confindustria Young Entrepreneurs;
From 1997 to 1998: President of the "Young People in Industry Group" in Genoa;
From 1994 to 1997: Deputy Chairman of the Association of Industrialists of Genoa.
He obtained his high school leaving certificate from the Real Collegio Carlo Alberto in Moncalieri (Turin). He graduated in Political Science at the Alfieri Institute in Florence and later took university courses in Economics and Finance in London and the USA and a "Business & Administration" course for junior company managers at INSEAD in Fontainebleau.
Sports and hobbies
Golf, fishing, tennis.
Page updated at 2 Mar 2020