2018 Shareholders' Meeting
Genoa, Monday April 23, 2018
Information for the Shareholders
- Procedure for participation and voting by proxy
Any person who is entitled to attend may be represented at the Shareholders' Meeting pursuant to law by means of a written proxy granted to:
- the proxy-holder appointed by the person entitled to vote, possibly by using the proxy form available here (click here to download the proxy form);
- Computershare S.p.A., with offices at Via Nizza 262/73, Turin (www.computershare.com) as the Appointed Representative of the Company pursuant to Article 135-undecies of Legislative Decree no. 58 of 24 February 1998 ("TUF"). For this purpose, the specific proxy form prepared by Computershare S.p.A. shall be used, in agreement with the Company, which will be available on this website as soon as possible and, in any case, no later than 30 March 2018 (click here to download the proxy form).
The proxy may be granted to Computershare S.p.A. by 19 April 2018, in first call, and by 20 April 2018, in second call, and will be effective only for the resolutions proposed to the Shareholders' Meeting for which the appointing party has given voting instructions by means of said form.
If, for technical reasons, the proxy forms are not be available in electronic form, they shall be sent to the shareholder by simple request to be made by telephone at +39 011-0923200.
For the notification of the proxies, including by e-mail, follow the instructions provided on the forms.
- The right to submit questions prior to the Shareholders' Meeting
Pursuant to Article 127-ter of the TUF, the Shareholders may submit questions on the issues on the agenda also prior to the Shareholders' Meeting, by sending a registered letter with advice of receipt addressed to ERG S.p.A., Via De Marini 1, 16149 Genoa or to the certified email address firstname.lastname@example.org, to the attention of Emanuela Delucchi, Head of Investor Relations.
The question must be accompanied by the personal data of the requesting Shareholder (first name and surname or company name in the case of an entity or company, place and date of birth and fiscal code).
Those who have proven the ownership of their shares as at 12 April 2018 (record date) will be entitled to receive a reply. For this purpose, a communication shall be addressed to email@example.com, also after the question is submitted, with effectiveness until the above-mentioned date, issued by the depository intermediary and proving the ownership of the shares by the requesting party. If the Shareholder has requested from its own depository intermediary the notice proving entitlement to attend the Shareholders' Meeting, it will suffice for the request to provide the reference details of any notice issued by the intermediary or, at least, the name of the intermediary itself.
After having verified the relevance of the questions and the requesting party's right to attend the Shareholders' Meeting, questions received by 20 April 2018 will be answered in the manner indicated by the requesting party (fax or e-mail) or, at the latest, at the Shareholders' Meeting.
- The right to make additions to the agenda and submit additional proposed resolutions on items already included in the agenda
Pursuant to Article 126-bis of the TUF, Shareholders who, also collectively, represent one-fortieth of the share capital may request additions to the issues to be discussed, or submit additional proposed resolutions on items already included in the agenda by 26 March 2018.
No additions will be accepted for issues on which the Shareholders' Meeting resolves, in accordance with the law, upon proposal of the governing body or on the basis of a plan or of a report prepared by said body, other than those under Article 125-ter of the TUF.
Requests shall be submitted in writing, by registered letter with advice of receipt addressed to ERG S.p.A., Via De Marini 1, 16149 Genoa or to the certified e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, to the attention of Giovanni Marco Scollo, Head of Corporate Affairs, provided that they are received by the Company within the time limits referred to above and are accompanied by a report on the proposed new issues to be discussed or additional proposed resolutions.
Certification of the requesting Shareholders' ownership of the shares and of the percentage interest necessary to request the addition to the agenda must be provided in a specific notice produced by the depositary intermediary, effective on the date of the request, sent to email@example.com.
- Information on the share capitalThe share capital of EUR 15,032,000.00 is divided into 150,320,000 ordinary shares, with a nominal value of Euro 0.10 each, all with voting rights. The Company currently holds 1,503,200 treasury shares.