Human Capital Coverage
The ERG measurement model for ROI of Human Capital
The Organisational Manuals, developed for each company in the Group, describe every role defined within the organisation for the performance of its operations.
The manuals identify all the skills required to fully cover each role are identified, with a rating on a scale from 1 to 5 (where 1 is the minimum and 5 is the maximum).
Skill Gap Analysis
- the specific organisational set up of each organisational unit, concerning the identification of the reported roles;
- a unified and transversal list of skills on a Group level (the "skills catalogue") identified by the Human Capital team in collaboration with the operations management.
- about 600 employees assessed using Skill GAP Analysis,
- 91% of the company population;
- 362 skills identified;
- 147 roles defined.
Human Capital Coverage - Indice di "Copertura del Capitale Umano"
The database we built and the methodology we fine-tuned make up a very important tool for "managing" Human Capital, allowing the value of our Human Capital to be briefly expressed at any given time. We have defined it as the "Human Capital Coverage" index.
This index represents the "glue" within the Human Capital processes aimed at organisational optimisation and efficiency/effectiveness: it provides us with a SWOT analysis of each area, useful for strategic manpower planning, it guides us within the training, internal mobility and career paths as well as in the allocation of resources based on how profile and role "fit" together, and in the hiring area thanks to the knowledge of the expected profiles as a tool to select the best candidates.
The objective foundation on which is developed allows us to express a numerical value for the return on investment in human capital (considering it as the labour costs in a given year), based on the following formula:
This Human Capital assessment tool of ours is very useful and innovative; to this day, no similar tools can be found amongst methods for personnel and organisation management and development. This is why we felt that it was appropriate to register the brand (in the assigned classes 9, 35 and 42) with the UIBM (Ufficio Italiano Marchi e Brevetti - Italian Office of Brands and Patents).
- assessment of the entire corporate population (excluding the first line reporting to the CEO);
- definition of 385 skills which make up the "skills catalogue";
- definition of 208 roles in-house.
- the identification of the company's organisational areas where measures were needed;
- the suitable development of organisational processes to improve productivity within some specific action areas;
- training achieved in accordance with clear logics also taken from the analyses developed with the HCC.