Business - FAQ
- What is renewable energy?Energy generated from sources that by their very nature are replenished or cannot be depleted in the foreseeable future of humankind is classified as "renewable energy".
The use of renewable energy does not jeopardise natural resources for future generations (unlike traditional energy sources, which are not renewable and will eventually run out, such as oil, natural gas and coal). The classification of energy sources is often inconsistent and often the term "alternative energy" is used because the sources are "different" from "traditional" or "conventional" ones.
Therefore, "renewable energy sources" are usually considered to be: the sun (thermal and photovoltaic solar energy), wind (wind power), the sea (tidal power), the heat of the Earth (geothermal energy) and water (hydroelectric power).
- Which renewable sources does ERG use to produce electricity?At present, ERG, through its subsidiary ERG Renew, produces electricity from wind energy; this is produced and converted on its wind farms in Italy, in France, in Germany and in Bulgaria , giving a total installed capacity of 1.232 MW. ERG Renew is also participating in a next generation solar power (so called organic photovoltaics) research and development project.
- How is electricity obtained from the wind turbines?Wind farms consist of wind-power generators that can transform the kinetic energy of wind into mechanical energy, which is used in turn to generate electricity.
Investor Relations - FAQ
- When does ERG pay a dividend? How much was the last dividend?
The Ordinary Shareholders' Meeting passed a resolution to pay a dividend of Euro 0.50 per share, available for payment starting from 24 May 2017 (payment date).
- Where can I find the main ERG historical steps?
The main historical steps are in ERG Factsheet and in Our transformation.
- Who is ERG's auditor?
Deloitte & Touche spa has been appointed auditor for the period 2009–2017 by the Shareholders' Meeting held on April 23rd 2009.
- What is the code for ERG shares?
All the shares listed on the Italian Stock Exchange are distinguished by an alphanumeric code that has international validity. This code is an ISIN (International Securities Identification Number). For ERG shares the ISIN code is IT0001157020. Shares are also identified with a ticker that for the Italian market is ERG; this code varies depending on the financial news agencies, for example our ticker for Reuters is ERG.MI and for Bloomberg is ERG.IM.
- How many employees has the ERG Group?
At 31 December 2016, the ERG Group had a total of 715 employees.
- When was ERG first quoted in the stock market? What was its share price?
ERG has been quoted since October 1997 and the IPO share price was Lire 6,000 or Euro 3,10.
- Where can I find the historical ERG share prices?
Clicking on the share price graph below, it is possible to download the historical prices in Excel or HTML format, alternatively within the interactive graph you can compare ERG's share price performance with that of its peers and the index.
- When did the number of ERG's shares change?
On 4 August 2005 ERG cancelled 11,462,000 treasury shares reducing share capital to 150,320,000 ordinary shares. This followed the decision of the shareholders' meeting on 28 April 2005.
- How many classes of share does ERG have?
ERG has issued only ordinary shares.
- In which Stock indexes is ERG included in?
After the revision of italian stock exchange index system, ERG is part of the FTSE Italia All-Share (which replaced the old Mibtel index) and of the FTSE Italia Mid Cap Index.
- Why has ERG left the STAR segment?
ERG has left the STAR segment since it now has a market capitalisation of Euro 3 billion (as at the time of taking the decision). The capitalisation requested for the STAR segment is in fact less than Euro 1 billion. Notwithstanding its exit from the STAR segment the management of ERG is committed to maintaining the principal requirements of transparency and corporate governance envisaged for those companies that wish to be part of the STAR segment. ERG seeks constant growth in this segment as well which will lead to increasing visibility with national and international investment funds.
- What large transactions has ERG carried out recently?
23 January 2015 - ERG Renew takes a further step in the Polish wind market by acquiring a 14 MW wind farm project.
12 March 2015 - ERG Renew takes a further step in the Polish wind market by acquiring a 24 MW wind farm project.
17 June 2015 - ERG Renew takes a further step in the French wind market by acquiring six wind farms with a total installed capacity of 63.4 MW.
25 June 2015 - Agreement signed for the dissolution of joint venture LUKERG Renew.
6 August 2015 - ERG enters hydroelectric sector via acquisition of E.On Italian assets with 527 MW capacity.Expansion in renewables continues through diversification of energy sources.
15 October 2015 - ERG Renew acquires 11 French and 6 German wind farms with an overall capacity of 206 MW.
30 November 2015 - Completed the acquisition of E.ON Italian hydroelectric integrated system with 527 MW capacity
16 December 2015 - Board of Directors approves 2015-2018 business plan
23 December 2015 - Agreement finalised for the dissolution of LUKERG Renew joint venture.
2 February 2016 - Agreement finalised for the acquisition of 11 French and 6 German wind farms with an overall installed capacity of 206 MW.
29 February 2016 - ERG Renew enters the UK wind power market. Project acquired for the construction of a 45 MW wind farm
8 March 2017 - ERG continues to pursue growth in Germany.Six wind farms acquired with an overall installed capacity of 48.4 MW
- When is the corporate events calendar published and where can I find it?
The corporate events calendar will be announced by January 30 each year by a press release, and will be put on the Company's website. On our website you can find even an apposite section at the following link.
- Where can I read the histiorical dividends paid by ERG and the dividend policy?
We publish our dividend policy and the historical data on our dividends at the following link
- Which is ERG's strategy?
ERG's industrial and financial targets and strategy are periodically updated during an investor day with the financial community and then released on our website at the following link.
Sustainability - FAQ
- What does "Sustainability" mean to the ERG Group?The concept of sustainability in the ERG Group is explained in the Letter to Stakeholders from the Chairman and the Chief Executive Officer "ERG has gone one step further and has preferred a vision that is able to transform the CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) programmes – which focus mainly on reputation and only have a limited connection to the business – into CSV (Corporate Social Value) programmes, which are more useful to the creation of economic value, together with the creation of social value and more oriented towards interpreting the needs of stakeholders."
- Where can I find the Sustainability Reports of the ERG Group?The Sustainability Reports of the ERG Group can be downloaded in PDF format in the section Sustainability Report; starting from the 2009 Report, you can navigate an interactive version of the report.
- Where can I find all the documentation relating to the Sustainability of the ERG Group?All the documentation relating to the Sustainability of the ERG Group is available in the Sustainability Kit.
- What is ERG's objective in terms of Sustainability reporting?In terms of Sustainability reporting, ERG's objective is to enhance the information provided in the Report each year, in order to improve the level of communication with its stakeholders and adopt the Guidelines of the GRI in an increasingly rigorous and complete manner.
- What's GRI?GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) is a network of experts that contributes to develop the world's most widely-used sustainability reporting guidelines.
Read more on the GRI website
- Does ERG participate in the Sustainability Indexes?Yes, ERG started participating in the Benchmark and Leaders indexes of the new FTSE ECPI Italia index series in September 2010. The Sustainability Indexes include the mid- and large-cap companies of the FTSE Italia All-Share index which stand out because of their sustainable behaviour and practices.
- How can I send my CV?
- How can I find out if you have received my application?
You will receive a confirmation email at the address you have given after you have submitted your application. This confirmation is automatically generated and is sent to you within a few minutes. It informs you that your application has been properly recorded in the system.
- What are the most sought-after educational qualifications?
We are looking for candidates with university degrees in technical and energy or economic studies and technical diplomas.
- Who can I contact to get more information on the Next Generation project?
Next Generation is a selection and training programme that is activated from time to time.
You can find out when we activate the selections directly on our website.
- Who can I contact to get more information on ERG Human Capital?
If you need more information, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How does your selection process work?
The process entails screening of the CVs based on the requisites for the specific vacancy. Candidates are then contacted for a preliminary interview.
For more info, consult the section
- When will I receive feedback on my spontaneous application and/or application for a vacancy?
Should your profile correspond to our needs, you will be contacted within 30 days. Otherwise, your data will be stored in our database for 24 months in compliance with the privacy info governed by Article 13 of Italian Legislative decree 196/2003 you signed during application for selection and recruitment.
- Why can I not attach my CV?Check that the document does not exceed 10240 KB. File formats allowed: .doc, .odt, .pdf, .docx
- How do I cancel my application?
Send an email to email@example.com with CV cancellation request as the subject line.
This will mean your data is removed from the ERG database.
- How can I receive notification of new vacancies in line with my professional profile?
- What are the professional areas at ERG?
ERG is organised into professional families. You can find out more here
- How is the ERG Group's corporate governance structured?
ERG's current corporate governance structure is made up of corporate bodies, board committees and Corporate Governance documents that regulate their functioning. This structure has been developed over time by introducing rules of conduct reflecting the most advanced principles of Corporate Governance.
Corporate Bodies and Board Committees
- What are the corporate bodies?The corporate bodies are the Shareholders' Meeting, the Board of Directors and the Board of Statutory Auditors.
- When was the last ERG Shareholders' Meeting held?
The last ERG Shareholders' Meeting was held in Genoa on 20 April 2017.
For more information and to retrieve documents on the Shareholders' Meeting, visit the page http://www.erg.eu/en/corporate-governance/2017-shareholders-meeting
- What are the tasks of ERG's Board of Directors?
ERG's Board of Directors approves the periodic financial reports, defines the strategic policies, the basic guidelines of the organisational structure and the corporate governance system, decides on the important operations, and evaluates general management performance.
- How long does ERG's Board of Directors stay in office?
ERG's Board of Directors stays in office for three years and falls from office on the date of the Shareholders' Meeting called to approve the financial statements of the last year. The Directors are re-electable. The current Board of Directors was appointed by the Shareholders' Meeting on 24 April 2015; the appointment to the Board of Directors shall expire as at the date of the Shareholders' Meeting convened to approve the financial statements as at 31 December 2017.
- Who are the members of ERG's Board of Directors?
ERG's current Board of Directors is made up of 12 members in observance of the gender balance criterion. The average age of members is about 55 years*.
To find out who are the members of ERG's Board of Directors, detailed information is provided at http://www.erg.eu/en/corporate-governance/board-of-directors
*as at 30 June 2017
- How often does ERG's Board of Directors meet?
As envisaged by the Articles of Association, ERG's Board of Directors meets at least once a quarter to inform the Board of Statutory Auditors on the Group's activities and on the most important business, financial and capital transactions undertaken by the company or its subsidiaries.
The dates of the meetings scheduled to review and approve the periodic financial reports are available to the public at the following address.
To see the Calendar, please refer to http://www.erg.eu/en/investor-relations/financial-calendar
- Who are the members of ERG's Board of Statutory Auditors?
ERG's current Board of Statutory Auditors is made up of three standing auditors and three alternate auditors, in observance of the gender balance criterion. The average age of standing members is about 50 years*.
To find out who are the members of ERG's Board of Statutory Auditors, detailed information is provided at http://www.erg.eu/en/corporate-governance/board-of-statutory-auditors
*as at 30 June 2016
- How long does ERG's Board of Statutory Auditors stay in office?
ERG's Board of Statutory Auditors stays in office for three years and falls from office on the date of the Shareholders' Meeting called to approve the financial statements of the last year. The current Board of Statutory Auditors was appointed by the Shareholders' Meeting on 3 May 2016; the appointment to the Board of Statutory Auditors shall expire as at the date of the Shareholders' Meeting convened to approve the financial statements as at 31 December 2017.
- What are the Board Committees?
The Board of Directors of ERG has set up the Board Committees: the Control and Risk Committee, the Nominations and Remuneration Committee and the Strategic Committee to advise it and issue recommendations.
The Control and Risk Committee advises and issues recommendations to the Board of Directors and fulfils the role and responsibilities indicated in the Corporate Governance Code.
It provides support to the Board of Directors in decisions on approval of the periodic financial reports, Group Governance, the Internal Control and Risk Management System, compliance requirements pursuant to Italian Legislative Decree 231/01 and the Finance Area.
For details, please refer to http://www.erg.eu/en/corporate-governance/committees/control-and-risk-committee
The Nominations and Remuneration Committee advises and issues recommendations to the Board of Directors and fulfils the role and responsibilities indicated in the Corporate Governance Code for the Nominations Committee and for the Remuneration Committee.
It makes recommendations regarding the remuneration of the Directors with delegated powers or tasked with particular duties and regarding definition of remuneration policies and Group management incentive plans.
For details, please refer to http://www.erg.eu/en/corporate-governance/committees/nominations-and-remuneration-committee
The Strategic Committee advises and issues recommendations to the CEO and to the Board of Directors of ERG and to the Boards of Directors of the operating companies of the Group.
This committee provides support to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors in the definition of strategic business, portfolio and strategic finance guidelines and in the decisions relating to long-term strategic plans, capital expenditures budgets of the Group and significant investments.
For details, please refer to http://www.erg.eu/en/corporate-governance/committees/strategic-committee