Business - FAQ
- What is renewable energy?Energy generated from sources that by their very nature are replenished or cannot be depleted in the foreseeable future of humankind is classified as "renewable energy".
The use of renewable energy does not jeopardise natural resources for future generations (unlike traditional energy sources, which are not renewable and will eventually run out, such as oil, natural gas and coal). The classification of energy sources is often inconsistent and often the term "alternative energy" is used because the sources are "different" from "traditional" or "conventional" ones.
Therefore, "renewable energy sources" are usually considered to be: the sun (thermal and photovoltaic solar energy), wind (wind power), the sea (tidal power), the heat of the Earth (geothermal energy) and water (hydroelectric power).
- Which renewable sources does ERG use to produce electricity?At present, ERG, through its subsidiary ERG Renew, produces electricity from wind energy; this is produced and converted on its wind farms in Italy, in France, in Germany and in Bulgaria , giving a total installed capacity of 1.232 MW. ERG Renew is also participating in a next generation solar power (so called organic photovoltaics) research and development project.
- How is electricity obtained from the wind turbines?Wind farms consist of wind-power generators that can transform the kinetic energy of wind into mechanical energy, which is used in turn to generate electricity.
Investor Relations - FAQ
- When does ERG pay a dividend? How much was the last dividend?
The Ordinary Shareholders' Meeting passed a resolution to pay a dividend of Euro 0.50 per share, available for payment starting from 24 May 2017 (payment date).
- Where can I find the main ERG historical steps?
The main historical steps are in ERG Factsheet and in Our transformation.
- Who is ERG's auditor?
Deloitte & Touche spa has been appointed auditor for the period 2009–2017 by the Shareholders' Meeting held on April 23rd 2009.
- Has ERG ever issued any bonds? Has it a rating from any international rating agency?
ERG has never issued any bond and it has no rating.
- What is the code for ERG shares?
All the shares listed on the Italian Stock Exchange are distinguished by an alphanumeric code that has international validity. This code is an ISIN (International Securities Identification Number). For ERG shares the ISIN code is IT0001157020. Shares are also identified with a ticker that for the Italian market is ERG; this code varies depending on the financial news agencies, for example our ticker for Reuters is ERG.MI and for Bloomberg is ERG.IM.
- How many employees has the ERG Group?
At 31 December 2015, the ERG Group had a total of 666 employees.
- When was ERG first quoted in the stock market? What was its share price?
ERG has been quoted since October 1997 and the IPO share price was Lire 6,000 or Euro 3,10.
- Where can I find the historical ERG share prices?
Clicking on the share price graph below, it is possible to download the historical prices in Excel or HTML format, alternatively within the interactive graph you can compare ERG's share price performance with that of its peers and the index.
- When did the number of ERG's shares change?
On 4 August 2005 ERG cancelled 11,462,000 treasury shares reducing share capital to 150,320,000 ordinary shares. This followed the decision of the shareholders' meeting on 28 April 2005.
- How many classes of share does ERG have?
ERG has issued only ordinary shares.
- In which Stock indexes is ERG included in?
After the revision of italian stock exchange index system, ERG is part of the FTSE Italia All-Share (which replaced the old Mibtel index) and of the FTSE Italia Mid Cap Index.
- Why has ERG left the STAR segment?
ERG has left the STAR segment since it now has a market capitalisation of Euro 3 billion (as at the time of taking the decision). The capitalisation requested for the STAR segment is in fact less than Euro 1 billion. Notwithstanding its exit from the STAR segment the management of ERG is committed to maintaining the principal requirements of transparency and corporate governance envisaged for those companies that wish to be part of the STAR segment. ERG seeks constant growth in this segment as well which will lead to increasing visibility with national and international investment funds.
- What large transactions has ERG carried out recently?
23 January 2015 - ERG Renew takes a further step in the Polish wind market by acquiring a 14 MW wind farm project.
12 March 2015 - ERG Renew takes a further step in the Polish wind market by acquiring a 24 MW wind farm project.
17 June 2015 - ERG Renew takes a further step in the French wind market by acquiring six wind farms with a total installed capacity of 63.4 MW.
25 June 2015 - Agreement signed for the dissolution of joint venture LUKERG Renew.
6 August 2015 - ERG enters hydroelectric sector via acquisition of E.On Italian assets with 527 MW capacity.Expansion in renewables continues through diversification of energy sources.
15 October 2015 - ERG Renew acquires 11 French and 6 German wind farms with an overall capacity of 206 MW.
30 November 2015 - Completed the acquisition of E.ON Italian hydroelectric integrated system with 527 MW capacity
16 December 2015 - Board of Directors approves 2015-2018 business plan
23 December 2015 - Agreement finalised for the dissolution of LUKERG Renew joint venture.
2 February 2016 - Agreement finalised for the acquisition of 11 French and 6 German wind farms with an overall installed capacity of 206 MW.
29 February 2016 - ERG Renew enters the UK wind power market. Project acquired for the construction of a 45 MW wind farm
8 March 2017 - ERG continues to pursue growth in Germany.Six wind farms acquired with an overall installed capacity of 48.4 MW
- When is the corporate events calendar published and where can I find it?
The corporate events calendar will be announced by January 30 each year by a press release, and will be put on the Company's website. On our website you can find even an apposite section at the following link.
- Where can I read the histiorical dividends paid by ERG and the dividend policy?
We publish our dividend policy and the historical data on our dividends at the following link
- Which is ERG's strategy?
ERG's industrial and financial targets and strategy are periodically updated during an investor day with the financial community and then released on our website at the following link.
Sustainability - FAQ
- What does "Sustainability" mean to the ERG Group?The concept of sustainability in the ERG Group is explained in the Letter to Stakeholders from the Chairman and the Chief Executive Officer "ERG has gone one step further and has preferred a vision that is able to transform the CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) programmes – which focus mainly on reputation and only have a limited connection to the business – into CSV (Corporate Social Value) programmes, which are more useful to the creation of economic value, together with the creation of social value and more oriented towards interpreting the needs of stakeholders."
- Where can I find the Sustainability Reports of the ERG Group?The Sustainability Reports of the ERG Group can be downloaded in PDF format in the section Sustainability Report; starting from the 2009 Report, you can navigate an interactive version of the report.
- Where can I find all the documentation relating to the Sustainability of the ERG Group?All the documentation relating to the Sustainability of the ERG Group is available in the Sustainability Kit.
- What is ERG's objective in terms of Sustainability reporting?In terms of Sustainability reporting, ERG's objective is to enhance the information provided in the Report each year, in order to improve the level of communication with its stakeholders and adopt the Guidelines of the GRI in an increasingly rigorous and complete manner.
- What's GRI?GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) is a network of experts that contributes to develop the world's most widely-used sustainability reporting guidelines.
Read more on the GRI website
- Does ERG participate in the Sustainability Indexes?Yes, ERG started participating in the Benchmark and Leaders indexes of the new FTSE ECPI Italia index series in September 2010. The Sustainability Indexes include the mid- and large-cap companies of the FTSE Italia All-Share index which stand out because of their sustainable behaviour and practices.
- How can I send my CV?
- How can I find out if you have received my application?
You will receive a confirmation email at the address you have given after you have submitted your application. This confirmation is automatically generated and is sent to you within a few minutes. It informs you that your application has been properly recorded in the system.
- What are the most sought-after educational qualifications?
We are looking for candidates with university degrees in technical and energy or economic studies and technical diplomas.
- Who can I contact to get more information on the Next Generation project?
Next Generation is a selection and training programme that is activated from time to time.
You can find out when we activate the selections directly on our website.
- Who can I contact to get more information on ERG Human Capital?
If you need more information, you can send an email to email@example.com
- How does your selection process work?
The process entails screening of the CVs based on the requisites for the specific vacancy. Candidates are then contacted for a preliminary interview.
For more info, consult the section
- When will I receive feedback on my spontaneous application and/or application for a vacancy?
Should your profile correspond to our needs, you will be contacted within 30 days. Otherwise, your data will be stored in our database for 24 months in compliance with the privacy info governed by Article 13 of Italian Legislative decree 196/2003 you signed during application for selection and recruitment.
- Why can I not attach my CV?Check that the document does not exceed 10240 KB. File formats allowed: .doc, .odt, .pdf, .docx
- How do I cancel my application?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with CV cancellation request as the subject line.
This will mean your data is removed from the ERG database.
- How can I receive notification of new vacancies in line with my professional profile?
Sign up here and you will receive emails whenever a job opportunity is published that may interest you
- What are the professional areas at ERG?
ERG is organised into professional families. You can find out more here