Born in Brindisi (24/2/1962), married, one son. Citizenship: Italian.
Degree in Economics and Commerce, Università Cattolica of Milan, April 1987; Dissertation on "Profitability, risk and interest rates in firm valuation under inflation".
"G.Toniolo Institute of Superior Studies" Fellowship (1989 and 1990).
Teaching and Research
IRS-Istituto per la Ricerca Sociale (1987-1991).
Assistant Professor (1991-1998). Associate Professor (1998-2000). Current Position: Full Professor of Corporate Finance, Università Cattolica of Milan. Also taught in the University of Bologna (1994-1995), the Università Cattolica of Piacenza (1994-1999) and the Università della Svizzera Italiana (2005-2008).
Director of the Post-graduate course (Laurea Specialistica) in Corporate Law and Economics, Università Cattolica of Milan (since 2004).
Author of many publications on agency theory, corporate governance, bankruptcy, corporate and securities law and economics.
Positions currently held
- (Independent) Director, Erg S.p.A. (since 2003), Chairman of the Internal Control Committee, Member of the Remuneration Committee.
- (Past) Positions:
- (Independent) Director, Pirelli Tyre S.p.A. (2006)
- (Indipendent) Director, Banca Italease S.p.A. (2007- 2009), Member of the Internal Control Committee, Member of the Remuneration Committee, Member of the Organismo di Vigilanza 231/2001
- (Independent) Director, ARCA SGR S.p.A. (2001-04.30.2014), Chairman of the Internal Control Committee,Member of the Remuneration Committee.
- State qualification as Chartered Accountant (1989).
- Advisory Board for the Privatization of Enterprises owned by the City of Rome Municipality (1994-95).
- Consultant to Assonime (Association of the Italian Limited Liability Corporations) on corporate governance, bankruptcy, corporate and securities Law and Economics (since 2000). Editor if the Annual Report on the compliance of listed companies with the Italian Corporate Governance Code.
- Recruitment Commissions for Consob (2000-2001 and 2010) and AEEG (Autorità per l'Energia Elettrica e il Gas) (2010).
- Working Group for the revision of the Corporate Governance Code issued by Borsa Italiana (2005-2006 and 2009-2010);
- Working Group for the revision of the Corporate Governance Code issued by Assogestioni (the Association of Italian Investment Companies) (2006-2007).
- Editorial board, Journal of Management and Governance (1998-2000).
- Program Committee, European Financial Management Association Conference (2004).
- Board of Directors, European Financial Management Association (2005-2008).
- European Corporate Governance Institute (ECGI)
- Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA)
- Associazione Docenti Economia Intermediari Mercati Finanziari (ADEIMF)