A few days before the meeting:
- Look up the company and analyse whatever you can find referred to the role you have been contacted for;
- Think about what strong points you would like to emerge during the interview and which ones you need to improve; analyse them by talking about experiences had in your previous working and/or training periods;
- Write yourself a list of questions: for example, on the company, role tasks and difficulties, on training and growth possibilities.
The day of the interview:
- Be punctual.
- Relax… whatever happens, it is a good opportunity.
- Listen carefully.
- Answer precisely and directly…and remember that there are no right or wrong answers in exploratory interviews.
- Be yourself and be honest; it will all be much easier.
- Use concrete examples, referring to your previous training, working or general experiences.
- Show you are interested by asking questions.
Some of the questions that ERG recruiters love asking:
- When you were young, what did you think you would be doing "as a grown-up"?
- What do you like doing when you're not working?
- How do you create Energy? Give me an example...
- Why would you choose to work in ERG?